Here are tips to enhancing your concentration, which will help you to work less and do more and thereby multiply your productivity
- Tackle your most challenging tasks during the time of day when you’re most alertFollow your personal energy highs and lows. Match the task to your body clock
- Plan out your week for optimum productivity-According to a survey conducted recently, 48 % of executives polled found Tuesday to be the most productive day of the week. The results make sense: Concentration should be higher on Tuesday than on Monday, when most executives are still recovering from the distractions of the weekend.
- Block out or minimize external distractions that can impair your concentration- For example, shut a window to block out unwelcome noises from the street. Adjust the temperature in the room so you are working in a comfortable environment.
- Have a rule that during meetings or presentations cell phones must be on silent mode.
- Keep your work are uncluttered.
- Say “NO” to non-priority tasks or demands, freeing up your mind to concentrate on what matters.
- If you are suffering from ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), get help. Estimates are that 2% to 4% of adult population- 8 million or more- may have ADHD. If you suspect that you have ADHD, see a doctor for proper evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment. There are approved drugs that you can take, under medical supervision, to boost your concentration if it’s affected by adult ADHD.