A typical Day in the life of Elon Musk- CEO, Tesla, Space X & Solar City
Written by Sid Shah on September 3, 2018
A Typical Day in the life of Elon Musk- CEO, Tesla, Space X & Solar City
- Wake-up time: 5:30 a.m.
- He runs in the morning and gets some fresh air.
- Next, he plans his day.
- He answers his professional emails
- His work week is split between his two businesses: Mondays & Thursdays he is at his SpaceX offices and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays he is at the Tesla offices and Fridays are split between the two.
- Between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m., he heads to his office, depending on the day, to a different location
- At 10 a.m., he talks on the phone with his vice presidents of difference departments from the two companies, or holds interviews with journalists or job candidates.
- Between 11 and 12:30 p.m. he reviews and plans meetings with his engineers who design the rockets, in order to go over technical details.
- Between 1 and 2 p.m. he has a light lunch that he orders from nearby restaurants (e.g. chicken with vegetables and raw salad). During lunch, he talks with the people who are responsible for the various business facilities
- Around 4:30 p.m. he goes for a walk around the factory plants. He does this almost every day
- At 7 p.m. he has a televised interview, followed by the premier of the movie, for which he was the executive producer. In the evenings, he includes any other social activity.
- He reads personal development books.
- He answers his emails unlit late at night.